We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaufort and Fripp Island- things to do

west palm beach, FL
Level Contributor
207 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Beaufort and Fripp Island- things to do

I will be staying at Fripp Island for two days at the end of April. Besides golfing and the beach, what other activities or things to do are there? One of the websites said Charleston was only 40 miles away, but when I mapquested it, it was more like 80. So a day trip there would be out.

Next, I looked at Beaufort. Is this an intersting town to visit? Is the historic downtown big enough to kill a few hours, maybe have a nice lunch somewhere? I've never been to beaufort, but it's close enough to fripp to check it out. I do love historic towns, so anything else to do in the area that would be interesting, not-to-be-missed, etc?

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,670 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaufort and Fripp Island- things to do

Charleston is about 2 hours from Fripp. Downtown Beaufort has some neat shops and there are a few historic sites. There are plenty of places to catch lunch. Also some neat shops in Frogmore on St Helena island on your way to Fripp.

west palm beach, FL
Level Contributor
207 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaufort and Fripp Island- things to do

thanks so much for your reply!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,781 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaufort and Fripp Island- things to do

Beaufort is a great town if you like history. Take either a walking guided tour or one by carriage. You will learn a lot about the city either way. Plenty of restaurants, most on the water. Also, a lot of history in Frogmore about the Gullahs.

4. Re: Beaufort and Fripp Island- things to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 02:18