We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Camping in SC

Parlin, New Jersey
7 posts
Save Topic
Beach Camping in SC

Hello,

I am driving down to Orlando, FL this coming summer from NJ. Is there any beaches where one could drive their car on & set up a tent & stay the night? Figured it would be a nice break on the drive down to FL. anywhere in NC, SC, GA, or FL?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Camping in SC

I have camped at Okracoke, NC, which was great! But it required lots of planning for the ferry, bare-site reservation etc.

You'll need preplanning to camp on the beach in SC, because sites fill up. Here's the link to SC State Parks.

http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
10,682 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Camping in SC

I don't think there are any beaches in SC that you can drive an automobile on.

Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Camping in SC

Hunting Island State Park near Beaufort offers campsites along the beach (just don't expect your car to be physically on the beach_. It's one of the top 25 beaches in the US based on TA rankings.

Parlin, New Jersey
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Camping in SC

Thanks everyone, I saw someone posts pics on here of them camping on the beach & thought it was awesome & want to do it also. I think were in California or Texas though. Just wondering if the east coast had anything like that as well. Figured best place to find out was on here, lol.

5. Re: Beach Camping in SC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2015, 06:17