We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I-90 closures, flooding

Utah
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
I-90 closures, flooding

I'm traveling June 13-14, 2011 on I-90 from Minneapolis, MN to Sturgis, SD, then down to Salt Lake City. Does anyone know of any anticipated closures of I-90 due to flooding or other reasons?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
683 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I-90 closures, flooding

According to the Rapid City Journal and South Dakota Tourism, there are no flooding problems on I-90 at all, even in Chamberlain where you cross over the Missouri River on I-90. The flooding problems are occuring in the Pierre area (the central part of the state) and the Dakota Dunns located in the furthest southeastern tip of SD.

Pierre, South Dakota
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: I-90 closures, flooding

Hello!

Mountainmama5 is right, you'll have no trouble getting to Stugis from Minneapolis.

All major highways, interstates and roads are open!

Safe travels,

Katlyn Richter

South Dakota Dept. Tourism

@travelsd

Facebook - South Dakota Tourism

www.travelsd.com

Utah
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I-90 closures, flooding

Thanks!

Saint Cloud, Florida
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I-90 closures, flooding

We are travelling from Sioux Falls airport to Custer State Park on July 7, 2011 - are there any updates on flooding and I-90 conditions? Thanks so much!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
683 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I-90 closures, flooding

You should have no problem. As of today, I90 is clear. We will be going through that area the day after you so I have been keeping close tabs on the situation.

Pierre, South Dakota
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: I-90 closures, flooding

Yes, the interstates are all clear. You can check this link for details:

http://www.sddot.com/

Thanks,

Katlyn Richter

SD Dept. Tourism

www.travelsd.com

@travelsd

Facebook - South Dakota Tourism

7. Re: I-90 closures, flooding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 20:17