We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip along I-90

West Seattle, WA
8 posts
Save Topic
Road trip along I-90

I am moving from Seattle to Wisconsin in May and I have decided to take the I-90 route there. Aside from Mount Rushmore and Yellowstone where are some good places to stop and sight see? I'm in to historical places so some tips on where the good places to go would be amazing! I have never done a roadtrip this far across the country before! Thank you in advance to all post responders!!! :)

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road trip along I-90

Hi

Maybe try the Road Trips froum for this:

And please tell us how long you have for this trip.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12567-Road_Tri…

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road trip along I-90

In Wyoming....stop in Sheridan...see open pit coal mine in Gillette....stop off at Devils Tower and check out the Vore Buffalo Jump.

Sioux Falls, South...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Road trip along I-90

If you have time for it, take Spearfish Canyon (14A) up to Sheridan Crossing, and then take 85 back through Lead, Deadwood and Sturgis. There's a little bit of history along that route, and this is how Frank Lloyd Wright described Spearfish Canyon: "We were in the land of the Sung and Ming masters. Whoever knows their idealization of nature in the Chinese landscape painting of those great periods, and they were mostly landscapes, can see the character of the Spearfish ensemble"

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
683 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Road trip along I-90

There is much to see in this area. Not knowing your time allotment, here is a short list of "must sees" in western South Dakota would be:

Custer State Park

Wildloop Road

Sylvan Lake and the Needles and Needles Hwy.

Iron Mountain Road (drive from the south to the north towards Mt. Rushmore

Mt. Rushmore

Spearfish Canyon

The Badlands

There is much to see in this area. Not knowing your time allotment

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Road trip along I-90

From Black Hills SD continuing I90 to the east there's Wall Drug and the drive through awesome Badlands NP. More to the east in Mitchell is Corn Palace.

6. Re: Road trip along I-90

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 07:15