We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any 1 day event: horseback, chuck wagon, camp fire songs?

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
89 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Any 1 day event: horseback, chuck wagon, camp fire songs?

Does anyone know of a day trip on horseback, followed by an evening meal with a chuck wagon, wrapped up with camp fire and songs? This would be so cool! We are staying just out side Pringle South Dakota, one hour from Rapid City.

Also looking to mine for gold! I want to taste the old west. Maybe a rodeo or Pow Wow. We like to do what the locals do as well as touch base with history. Any local must eateries? Not the typical fast food. Mom and Pop places, food that is truely down home. Entertainment or tour packages that are out of the "norm".

We will be in the area the last week of June 2013.

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
5,854 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any 1 day event: horseback, chuck wagon, camp fire songs?

Although it's not sold as a complete package like you are asking for, I think mentioned about Blue Bell Lodge. It really does have what you are looking for, I think.

I believe I also mentioned Wade's Gold Mill before for panning.

There's a great deal of Native American history in this area, particularly at Crazy Horse.

For dining, my favorites are Blue Bell Lodge in Custer State Park, Alpine Inn in Hill City (dinner is filet mignon only, and lunch is traditional German fare), and Big Time Pizza in Keystone. I know it's a pizza place, but the pizza is best I've had. Not everyone agrees, but I really enjoy their pizza. It's amazing, IMO. The cheeseburger pizza is delicious. The State Game Lodge also has a lunch buffet that is highly rated. Custer State Park lodges serve outstanding bison dishes.

I hope this is helpful to you. Let us know if you have more questions.

2. Re: Any 1 day event: horseback, chuck wagon, camp fire songs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 10:15