We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Car one way Denver - Rapid City May 2013

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
7 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Rental Car one way Denver - Rapid City May 2013

Hi, we are looking for the best and cheapest option to travel one way from Denver CO to Rapid City SD in May 2013.

- Rental Car? I checked one and it would cost over 1120USD for 4 days!! ANy other suggestion or companies to consider?

- Flying one way or better book return and not use it?

- Other??

Please help! We are a family of 4 traveling from Spain first going to Orlando, then flying to relatives in Denver and wanted to visit another relative in Rapid City and then go back to Orlando from there by air.

Looking forward to your suggestions!

Mentioned in this post
Denver
Denver
Colorado
Rapid City
Rapid City
South Dakota
Spain
Spain
Europe
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
32,630 posts
448 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental Car one way Denver - Rapid City May 2013

Best thing to do is to drive from Denver to Rapid City and back imo. The car rental fee will be much cheaper.

Mentioned in this post
Rapid City
Rapid City
South Dakota
Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
6,125 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental Car one way Denver - Rapid City May 2013

I totally agree with Peach. All airport car rental companies charge through the nose to drop off at a different location. You might look at renting through an off-airport location, but I'm really not sure if you're going to be able to avoid the high fees. You might actually find cheaper flights out of Denver rather than Rapid City for when you go back to Orlando. Therefore, driving the car back to Denver would probably be the cheapest option. It will take around 6 hours to get there from Denver.

I know you're visiting family, but just keep in mind that the weather in the Black Hills can be iffy in early May. Snow is a possibility.

Mentioned in this post
Rapid City
Rapid City
South Dakota
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Black Hills
Black Hills
122 Reviews
South Dakota
Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental Car one way Denver - Rapid City May 2013

Check out this site. Much cheaper.

http://www.drive-usa.de/rental-cars/ and even cheaper if you drive back to Denver.

Boulder, Colorado
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental Car one way Denver - Rapid City May 2013

HI All,

How about a USA company that goes Denver to Rapid City like Drive_USA? I need to make this trip in July 25th. Will drive back with my pal then.

Mentioned in this post
Rapid City
Rapid City
South Dakota
Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental Car one way Denver - Rapid City May 2013

The OP already is back. Hope she can give us some feedback.

6. Re: Rental Car one way Denver - Rapid City May 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 05:17