We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good place to propose near Spearfish?

North Dakota
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Good place to propose near Spearfish?

My girlfriend and I have a trip in a couple weeks near Spearfish and Deadwood area in South Dakota. I was wondering what place would be perfect to pop the question? I'm looking for more of the nature scene which shouldn't be too hard in the Black Hills. I really don't care if there are people around when I ask her. That would honestly make it that much better!

Thanks for any input that I get!

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
5,767 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good place to propose near Spearfish?

Spearfish Canyon is a gorgeous place. The trails to Spearfish and Roughlock Falls are easy and might be possibilities. Although much further from Spearfish, Sylvan Lake in Custer State Park also comes to mind.

Congratulations on the upcoming event!

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good place to propose near Spearfish?

Another vote for Roughlock Falls. Take the gravel road from Spearfish Canyon Lodge to the parking area/trail head. The hike is really short and simple (our three year old walked it). There are different boardwalk-type platforms along the creek with views of the falls. If you are decide to drive down to Custer State Park at all, the top of Mt. Coolidge would be kind of cool. There would probably be more people there. Speaking as a girl, I think the falls would be more intimate and romantic, though. Congrats!

North Dakota
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good place to propose near Spearfish?

Thanks for the Congrats!

I will have to do some research on Roughlock Falls so I can plan out what I am doing. That's always the fun part haha

Stillwater...
Level Contributor
856 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good place to propose near Spearfish?

I first thought of Roughlock Falls, but then thought Bridal Veil Falls would be more appropriate, (by name). She could never forget where it happened.

Atglen, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
21 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good place to propose near Spearfish?

I have no idea about locations, since we are planning our 1st trip out that way next summer but I just had to say WOOHOO and Congratulations!!!! Wishing you a lifetime of true love and friendship :)

6. Re: Good place to propose near Spearfish?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 05:16