We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving

Lafayette, Indiana...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
driving

my question is driving from western Indiana to Mitchell, sd in one day is it a

good plan, we want to get to the badlands in the am on our trip out west ??????

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,392 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: driving

Not sure where in Indiana you will embark. Chicago to Mitchell is about 10 1/2 hours. Depends on how much time you want to be in the car in one day. I, personally, would go batty being in the car that long, but that is just me. Yes, Mitchell is a good place to spend the night prior to seeing the Badlands. Chamberlain will get you closer yet, although it does not have as many lodging options,

Lafayette, Indiana...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: driving

thanks for the info

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: driving

Judge for yourself. It can take up to 13-14 hours in the car depending on stops, road works and traffic.

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,392 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: driving

Well, now I notice your profile which says Lafayette. Duh! Thanks for helping, Tet!

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: driving

You're welcome 3174!

6. Re: driving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2014, 05:17