We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Princess or Amer. Classis Suites Maryville

Cottage Hills...
Level Contributor
547 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Princess or Amer. Classis Suites Maryville

Has anyone ever stayed at the Princess or the American Classic Suites Hotel in Maryville.

I would like some comment on your stay there if possible. Location, cleanliness, service, friendliness of front desk personnel, noise level, and the like

Thanks.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
407 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Princess or Amer. Classis Suites Maryville

You might consider the Holiday Inn Express in Alcoa near the airport. Only a couple of miles from Maryville. I know there are a couple of new places at 129 and N. Hall Rd. but I can't remember the name of them. I know they are not major chains though.

Cottage Hills...
Level Contributor
547 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Princess or Amer. Classis Suites Maryville

coastermeister: Yes, there are many in Alcoa, like HI, but I was looking at some place that might be locally owned and operated.

Any suggestions?

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
407 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Princess or Amer. Classis Suites Maryville

No suggestions. I'm actually gun shy of most locally owned or franchised places due to consistent poor quality and bad management. In general I try to stick with HI Express, or a Marriott or Hilton brand property since they seem to care about their name and reputation. I know there can be some really good mom and pop motels but those are quickly falling to the wayside. My prefered hotel would be Springhill Suites.

Cottage Hills...
Level Contributor
547 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Princess or Amer. Classis Suites Maryville

coastermeister: Wow I would not imagine that, but I guess the big guys are then ones with the deep pockets.

We have not stayed at a B&B. We live in plantation country here in LA, and there are many good ones, but I guess we like to venture out and hit the local restaurants etc.

Will check our your recommendation and thanks for the info.