We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling to tennessee

Kuwait City, Kuwait
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
travelling to tennessee

Hi ! Am going to spend 6 days of my summer vacation in Tennessee.

Me and my family are wondering if the people there welcome and friendly with foreigners, especially Arabs ?

Assoma

East Tennessee
Level Contributor
632 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling to tennessee

The citizens of the South will be as friendly to you as you are to them. Probably more so.

Most visitors find in other people what they believe that they will find. Most come to visit in the South expecting to find gracious and hospitable people and I believe that is what you will indeed find. Sorta the self fulfilling expectations principle.

East Tennessee
Level Contributor
632 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling to tennessee

One Caveat- If you visit either of the two big cities in Tennessee, things may be a little different. We only have two big cities in Tennessee- Memphis and Nashville.

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
2,895 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling to tennessee

Professionals in the Hospitality Industry imparticular such as restaurants, attractions and lodging are more likely to provide good service in larger cities where the level of sophistication is at an anticipated higher level for guests than smaller cities and towns. Book at respected names in Memphis and Nashville which are rated high in the Trip Advisor guest ratings ( Look at those in the top twenty or better) and you will get good friendly service and most likely be in the most advantageous locations as well.

4. Re: travelling to tennessee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 19:16