We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nashville to Pensacola

England
Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Nashville to Pensacola

Hi, we are planning a trip next May, we will be in Nashville for a few days and then want to drive down to the coast, probably Pensacola. Is there anywhere on the way down to break the trip thats worth stopping for an overnight with interesting things to see?

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nashville to Pensacola

You could visit the National Space Center at Huntsville, AL. Birmingham is a lot of fun. There's great BBQ there. Montgomery, AL has a lot of attractions. It's a 7 hour drive. I would stop at the Space Center for an hour or so and have lunch in Birmingham. You may want to spend the night in Mobile, AL which is close to Gulf Shores home of pure white sand and clear blue water. Pensacola is just E of GS and home of the Blue Angels at Naval Air Station.

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
2,903 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nashville to Pensacola

There's a memorable hotel with spa, award wining golf course and great pool deck south of Birmingham called Rennaisance Ross Bridge resort. A Bagpiper plays at sundown every night at stations around the property. It's patterned after a famous old castle in Scotland. I'd spend just a little more one night and make this a highlight of my vacation with a massage and a couple of hours by the big pool. www.marriott.com

Edited: 12 June 2012, 13:18
3. Re: Nashville to Pensacola

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 02:42