We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is the Natural Snow?

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
271 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Where is the Natural Snow?

We're going to Gatlinburg this weekend. As far as I can tell there is not snow on the ground and most likely wont be. Forgetting Ober, is there somewhere else with in an hour or 2 that the snow has remained?

I remember a few years ago we had the same situation, but on the drive to Cherokee from Gatlinburg we found snow at the top of a mountain. I assume this would be 441, but not really sure. Are there any lookouts near by or places with safe (not side of the road) parking?

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is the Natural Snow?

Looking at the 10 day weather forecast there may be some rain missed with snow on Thursday. This has been a warm winter so far.

441 does go from Gatlinburg to Cherokee and at the upper elevations there may be some snow.

Good luck

2. Re: Where is the Natural Snow?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2014, 06:16