We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip attractions

Chicago
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Road trip attractions

Hello everyone!

I hope I'm posting in the right place!

I'm planning a road trip from Nashville, TN to Biloxi, MS on Feb 9, 2013. I want to leave early in the morning and arrive in the evening. I was wondering if there are any noteworthy attractions along the way that are worth stopping for. I've never been to the South before, so any authentic attractions will be very interesting as well.

Thank you!!

Liz

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,854 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road trip attractions

Jack Daniels Distillery in Lynchburg, TN would be a nice stop. The drive from Nashville to Biloxi is over 7hours though so you wouldn't have a lot of extra time along the way.

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
2,835 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road trip attractions

I agree that Mr. Daniels' distillery would be an interesting stop, remembering you have the lion's share of your trip still ahead. You wouldn't have to worry about too much sampling before you hit the road however, because the county is a dry one.

vcv
Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Road trip attractions

You might want to look into driving a portion of the Natchez Trace parkway; it's really lovely but has a low speed limit, so your time constraints may not allow you the leisure. Meriweather Lewis is buried near the parkway.

4. Re: Road trip attractions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 05:19