We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for things to stop and do

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for things to stop and do

My Husband, Children, and I are taking a trip from Kentucky to Florida on May 7th. We would like to find a few things to stop and do while driving through Tennessee. We are hoping to tire out our 3 year old so she can sleep through the night while we are driving.

We are open for anything, looking for some things that are not to expensive, as well will be spending enough at Disney World! We like interesting store/flea markets/ and antique shops are well. We are really open to anything, but would like to to be along the way so that we dont have to get to far off the path.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
465 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for things to stop and do

What route are you taking? Which towns will you be driving through?

I personally would avoid antique stores and shopping in general if you are looking for something to wear out the 3 year old.I can't imagine anything more boring to a toddler than shopping, LOL! Chattanooga has an aquarium that's supposed to be very nice that I bet she would love. Westopped at Rock City on our way back fro Orlando; it's neat but not the cheapest. On the plus side, plenty of walking paths for the 3 year old to get worn out on, and I bet she'd like the fairytale caverns.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for things to stop and do

Well the shopping was more for us, and actually she does like to do it, weird huh? lol Thanks for the suggestions!

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
2,951 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for things to stop and do

The Chattanooga area would indeed be a logical stop. I second the TN Aquarium which should have enough creatures gliding around to hold her interest, even somewhat domesticated Sting Rays swimming around which if I remember correctly you can pet.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for things to stop and do

Chattanooga also has great outdoor spaces along the river near the aquarium. Plenty of water and space for children to run around.

5. Re: Looking for things to stop and do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2014, 06:18