We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Memphis to Dollywood

Southampton, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
From Memphis to Dollywood

Hi,

I am from the UK and am planning a week's vacation in Memphis in October this year. I would like to visit Dollywood in Pigeon Forge. I do not drive, so would need to use public transport. Can anyone advise the best way to travel?

Thank you

HarperV

Mentioned in this post
Memphis
Memphis
Tennessee
Dollywood
Dollywood
13,941 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
4,041 posts
428 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Memphis to Dollywood

We don't have public transportation like you are accustomed to. Greyhound bus or Mega Bus would be your only hope. I know both go to Knoxville but I doubt they go to Pigeon Forge.

Mentioned in this post
Knoxville
Knoxville
Tennessee
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
3,070 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Memphis to Dollywood

Sorry you're not dealing with a very large population center with this destination. Dollywood was designed with the assumption that the auto would be the primary mode of tranportation used.

Mentioned in this post
Dollywood
Dollywood
13,941 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
4,041 posts
428 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Memphis to Dollywood

Here's an option for transportation to/from the airport or bus stations in Knoxville:

http://www.smokymtntaxi.com/rates.htm

Mentioned in this post
Knoxville
Knoxville
Tennessee
4. Re: From Memphis to Dollywood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 05:17