We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southeast TN small town B & B?

OKC
Level Contributor
34 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Southeast TN small town B & B?

I'm doing research for a contracted novel set somewhere in a small town bed-and-breakfast in southeast Tennessee. There will be Civil War parts interwoven into the plot, so I would like to travel to that area for research. Can you recommend such a place? My initial thought is that it is somewhere between Chattanooga and Knoxville or Chattanooga and Nashville. To me, small-town means under 10,000 people and not particularly close to all the tourist places. Thank you for any help you can give me!

By the way, I had noticed a place called Keith Mansion in Athens but cannot find any information about it. Anyone know?

iRide Nashville
Sightseeing Tours, Segway Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Joyride Nashville
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Rockabilly Rides
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Literary, Art & Music Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southeast TN small town B & B?

You may to check:

Monteagle Inn in Monteagle, Tenn. www.monteagleinn.com

Whitestone Country Inn in Kingston www.whitestoneinn.com

Chanticleer B & B Lookout Mtn. Tn. www.staychanticleer.com

Shepard Inn Dandridge, Tn. 865-397-2345

Chestnut Inn Conaasauga, Tn. www.Chestnutinnbedandbreakfast.com

Thistletop Inn B & B Goodlettsville, Tn.

Garden Walk B & B Lookout Mtn. Ga. www.gardenwalkinn.com

Edited: 12 January 2014, 20:38
Kingston, Tennessee
Level Contributor
355 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Southeast TN small town B & B?

The Keith Mansion has a lot of Civil War history in itself. The number I found for it is 423-745-6619.

3. Re: Southeast TN small town B & B?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2015, 06:19