We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to San Anotonio,, Pearsall

Dallas
2 posts
Save Topic
Moving to San Anotonio,, Pearsall

Hello all I am looking for sugestions on living locations in the San antonio area. I belive most of my daily job activities will be in pearsall south of san antonio. Although I am moving from Dallas and enjoy the night out. So I could see myself wanting to visit downtown SA oftern I was looking for a location that can give me best of both worlds. It could be a nice small town south of SA but I will need a store of some sort lol// Thanks so much

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving to San Anotonio,, Pearsall

Not much south of SA. Pearsall has a pretty decent BBQ and an HEB, and Lytle has the 'World Famous' Pig Stand. Once your S. of the Nueces river, you're essentially in Mexico. Avoid Laredo like the plague.

Unless you're into gangs, guns, and drugs, South San probably isn't your cup of tea. There are some decently priced condos, etc.. in downtown SA, and that would give you a decent commute, especially since you'd be going against the majority of the traffic. You'd also be close to nightlife and restaurants. Most folks seem to consider the North or NorthWest side of SA to be decent places to live, but your commute would be a pain, though not as bad as Dallas.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moving to San Anotonio,, Pearsall

Pearsall is pretty far from San Antonio, and although i totally agree with wondertrev, i can't imagine living in the preferred north side of San Antonio to commute so far. You might look into Hondo or other surrounding towns on the west and south side of SA. Parts of west San Antonio near SeaWorld are very nice, and your commute to Pearsall would be ok. i would suggest you rent an apartment that allows a month-to-month lease while you look for places to live. That's what my wife and I did last year before we bought our house on the north side. Good luck!

Dallas
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Moving to San Anotonio,, Pearsall

Thanks for your reply. I have been looking around there really is not much to the south. I really do not want a long commute but Im going to have to do it , im not ready for small town life maybe when I have a few kids.