We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

second hands Chevy parts

The Netherlands...
8 posts
Save Topic
second hands Chevy parts

I'm travelling to Texas (Dallas, San Antonio and Galveston)for vacation. Last year I bought a Chevy pick-up truck 1957 in de USA and shipped it to my hometown in The Netherlands in Europe.

I hope to find some missing (second hand) parts during my vacation. Like switches for the headlights and heater. Whipermotor ect.

Tips are more then welcome !!

Thanks in advance,

Erik.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: second hands Chevy parts

Go to a junk yard (in Houston several around Jensen), if you are passing by on the way to Galveston. They should have similar in Dallas and SA - not too sure about Galveston - especially after the hurricane. Once you go to a junk yard - even if they don't have the part - they will call the others and let you know - not like you have to go to each single one (or at least they used to - haven't been to one in a long time).

Texas
Level Contributor
212 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: second hands Chevy parts

http://tradedaysusa.com/site/

Texas Motor Speedway in north Ft. Worth has a flea market once a month. The next one is the weekend of March 21. We owned a 1963 Chevy pickup and used to go there to find parts.

You can also try Traders Village in Grand Prairie, also a weekend flea market.

There are lots of junk yards between Dallas and Houston.

The Netherlands...
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: second hands Chevy parts

This was very helpfull information. Thank you both very much.

Erik.

4. Re: second hands Chevy parts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 20:20