We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip from LA to Dallas in May/June.

London, United...
Level Contributor
870 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Road trip from LA to Dallas in May/June.

I've also posted this in the New Mexico and Arizona forums.

I've searched the forums and I'd just like to run this by everyone here. Any tips/suggestions on what to do and see would be gratefully appreciated.

My girlfriend and I are planning a RTW trip and we'd love to spend a month in the Southern US. We're flying into LA and getting out onto the road asap.

We've only got a very rough plan so far. We're not too keen on spending time in any of the major cities. We'll leave LA and head up to Death Valley before going to Las Vegas (only for a night or two) and The Grand Canyon. We'll continue to Dixie National Forest and then Canyonlands.

Then we'll go towards Alburquerque (this is where it gets a bit sketchy!!) maybe by way of Colorado Springs?? We'll visit Gila National Park. This is where we become stuck!!

We'd like to see Tombstone, Carlsbad Caverns and the White Sands National Monument.

We'll then head towards San Antonio and Austin before heading to Dallas for our flight to Central America.

We don't want to be travelling all the time but at the same time we don't want to miss out on anything!!

We'll be hiring a car and we're in our mid 30s. We like history, culture, food and we'd both like to have a few pints on the way!!

Any help will be gratefully received!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
870 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Road trip from LA to Dallas in May/June.

Cheers Tet!! :-)

12. Re: Road trip from LA to Dallas in May/June.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2010, 04:46