We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need a tip for lubbock hotel near a specific area please ?

austin
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Topic
need a tip for lubbock hotel near a specific area please ?

hi fellow Texans-

can ya please help ? I can't picture this intersection I am sitting looking at on the Web. I guess I need help from someone else who can 'get' the where is this in relation to (?) - because they are more familiare with the west side of lubbock. I am looking for a inexpensive hotel in Lubbock Texas for friday nite very late arrival - near west 19th st/ state loop 289 intersection .

any suggestions ?

thanks in advance ....

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need a tip for lubbock hotel near a specific area please ?

Didn't used to much out that way. Grain elevators, train tracks, etc... You'd have to go in on 19th to Hwy 84. There used to be several older hotels (and some inexpensive chains) along 84 (also known as Ave. Q). For God sakes, don't stay at any of the places on 84 just outside of 289. One place (The Circus, the Kiva?) was the nastiest hotel I've ever stayed in. There are some decent budget chains on S 84 within the Loop. All of these choices will be less than 10 min away from 19th and 289.

austin
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: need a tip for lubbock hotel near a specific area please ?

thanks wondertrev- that was my recall too- lotsa tracks and all...

but, my brain unfroze and i got it figured out-been a lotta building along in there- actual intersection now has a great big flaming walmart!!! thanks again.....

Lubbock
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: need a tip for lubbock hotel near a specific area please ?

I know you've already found you a destination, but West Lubbock is getting some great hotels. Embassy Suites hotel is the best and is on the south loop 289 off of Slide Road. Also the Arbor Suites, just off off the loop, and Hawthorne Suites, all new hotels.