We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Family Resort in Texas

Florida City...
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Family Resort in Texas

We are looking for the BEST family resort in Texas (we want an upscale adventure with lots to do on property).... Traveling with an 8 and 13 year old..... We want kid activity and R&R with pampering...

Texas
Level Contributor
506 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Family Resort in Texas

Hill Country Hyatt in San Antonio. Golf course, lazy river for kids,spa for the woman. Lots to do in the area.

Florida City...
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Family Resort in Texas

What is there to do in this area?

Pearland, Texas
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Family Resort in Texas

Its adjacent to Sea World.

Its a nice resort but I didn't enjoy my stay. A lot of the staff are teens and they seemed to prefer hanging out with each other over helping guests. I left a negative comment about the room service food and received a phone call from the chef who was a bit defensive about it.

I know this sounds like one of those whining, snobby posts...

IMHO

Florida City...
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Family Resort in Texas

Is there another resort you would recommend?

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
16,733 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Family Resort in Texas

the newest is JW Marriott in San Antonio

http://www.jwsanantonio.com/

Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch in SA.

…hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp…

Hyatt Hill Country is the original resort in SA

Second in SA is http://westinlacantera.com/

adjacent to Six Flags, La Cantera Shopping Center, The Rim-IMAX, Bass Pro Shop etc

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,225 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Family Resort in Texas

Wildcatter Ranch http://wildcatterranch.com/index.html

The San Luis in Galveston with all things to do around Galveston you can't get bored. Beaches, Schlitterbahn waterpark, museums, Elissa (tall ship), Seawolf Park (submarine and destroyer) and more.

Welcome to Texas!

Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Family Resort in Texas

No question..... Rough Creek Lodge in Glen Rose. Also near by is Fossil Rim Wildlife park and Dinosaur Valley State Park where you can see actual Dino tracks.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Family Resort in Texas

Hyatt Hill Country Resort is the "sister" to Hyatt San Antonio Resort. I used to work there and it is beautiful with lots of things for kids, including horses. Spa is great for adults. It is in Bastrop which is down Hwy 71 from Austin and AIB Airport in Austin.

…hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels-lostpines/index.jsp…

California
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Family Resort in Texas

We stayed at the Hyatt Hill Country and loved it. Kids ages were 12, 8 and 2. The kids zip lined, went to explore under ground caverns, went to a drive through zoo and saw the Alamo. Had a great time and loved the resort!

California
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Family Resort in Texas

We stayed at the Hyatt Hill Country and loved it. Kids ages were 12, 8 and 2. The kids zip lined, went to explore under ground caverns, went to a drive through zoo and saw the Alamo. Had a great time and loved the resort! The staff was also outstanding and we didn't experience any teen staff. The kids loved the teen spa, free bike rentals, free movies on the lawn and the lazy river.