Texas has been on our bucket list for years. Going away for Christmas is also on the schedule this year. So we though to combine the two. I am looking for recommendations of where to target for our first visit. Right now, I am looking at flying into San Antonio or Houston and then looking at possibly Galveston or???
Here's some about us and what we are looking for in hopes someone can make a recommendation.
- We love to drive around and just see the countryside.
- Kids love swimming/beach/ocean, but are just as happy if there is a pool at the vacation rental.
- Like quiet evenings on the deck or beach or patio at a restaurant
- Would really like to try to visit some local ranches if possible
- Not much into shopping
- Like museums, local lore, etc., ghost towns, history, etc.
I know that seems very broad, but we really have never found anywhere we have traveled that we haven't liked. We will be down for 10 days (Dec 22 - Jan 1) and are starting to look at vacation rentals, etc.
Any advice on a great place for a family with 10 and 13 year old kids would be great.