We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mega Bus

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Mega Bus

This is more like a review than a post - but could not find a category for a review.

About two weeks a go we took the Mega Bus from Houston to New Orleans. We got the promo rate of $1.00 each way.

Both times we sat on the upper deck - the seats recline, had an outlet (to plug something) and had wi-fi all the way up abd back. On the way the bus stopped for about 30 mts to stretch legs / get something to eat. On the return it was non-stop. On the way out when we got to the parking lot (the bus stop) the bus was there and two or three to help out. Luckily the weather was nice but if raining you better be ready to get wet. Left on time and arrived on time.

I found a parking garage open 24/7 about 3 blocks away.

Return got to the stop a little early - no bus no help. The bus came a few minutes (about 15) late. Only the driver for everything - checking confirmation loading bags etc.). Again the weather was nice (but hot) but if raining you are in trouble.

Overall it was a good experience and I am sure we will use it again. Pic will be uploaded shortly.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mega Bus

Thanks so much. I have been waiting for someone to review the new Texas service. I have a string somewhere when I announced it was coming.

I want to go to San Antonio, but will wait until cooler Fall weather.

Where did he drop you off in New Orleans? Downtown?

The only thing I'm upset about is that they were dropping off in Dtown Dallas until City said no no and they moved it to Grand Prairie. That's no good for those of us with no one to pick us up. We have to rely on public transportation to get to Dallas and there is none. I hope that changes.

Thanks again.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mega Bus

We were dropped off just off Canal very close to the Westin / Shops at Canal Place.

3. Re: Mega Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 January 2013, 11:05
4. Re: Mega Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2014, 07:18