We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ranch Stay

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Ranch Stay

My friend and I (male/female) are looking for a ranch stay over the weekend in the beginning of October - preferably somewhere en route Austin - New Orleans...

We don't mind to rough it a bit, and we are most certainly NOT looking for spa/kiddie friendly/romantic/reenactment or a resort-like feeling... A/C and warm water would be nice, but really not a deal breaker :)

Any and all help would be much appreciated :)

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,249 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ranch Stay

Bandera Texas, just west of San Antonio, has lots of dude ranches to choose from. We visited the Rancho Cortez ranch earlier this year and loved it.

On the Texas forums home page, in the upper right corner you will see a tab for ranches, you can get info there or look under the Bandera forums.

Welcome to Texas!!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
350 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ranch Stay

Bandera is the Cowboy Capitol of the world. Check out the Mayan Ranch. It is family run, and loads of fun. It's all inclusive. The cottages are adorable, the food fantastic (you won't go hungry here), two wonderful horseback rides a day through the countryside, hay wagon rides, entertainment, and more to do than you will have the energy for. They bring you coffee, juice and intinerary to your door each morning, lined out with the days activities. Do what you want, or do nothing. Great place. From Austin it's about a 2 hours drive. You will go through San Antonio. The weather will be perfect then.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ranch Stay

I’m so sorry that I completely forgot to thank you for your help.

We had a fantastic time and I completely lost my heart to Texas!

The cowboys – real and more showlike :) – the food, the cities, the ever changing landscape, the nerve-racking highways and the most friendly, accommodating and helpful people.

The people, the people, the people… :)

We ended up going to Rancho Cortez and had a blast!

Once again – thank you so much for you inputs and help.

4. Re: Ranch Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 05:18