We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian Sim Card in USA

Chennai (Madras...
3 posts
Save Topic
Indian Sim Card in USA

I m travelling to USA by next week. I will be staying there for atleast an year. I want to use indian Sim card in USA for receiving sms from indian friends. Which Sim card (airtel, vodafone etc) will work in USA for 1 year? Kindly help me

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,331 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indian Sim Card in USA

You may want to post this on the Travel gadget forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12530-Travel_G…

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indian Sim Card in USA

You will need to investigate the roaming capability in the US and the associated cost with the service providers in India, then compare the cost of service from a US provider. Your phone will most likely work with Tmobile and AT&T in the US, but not with Verizon or Sprint which use a different technology than the rest of the world.

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Indian Sim Card in USA

Did you find out about it as I have the same question

Hillsborough, New...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Indian Sim Card in USA

Hi,

Can I get Indian SIM CARD international roaming with India no. while staying in USA.

I need to get SMSs on that no. from India for various purposes. I cannot use a US sim card for that.

does anyone know ??

Quincy...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Indian Sim Card in USA

I am not sure about SIM card, I am using dial91.com, you can get a USA no, you can send SMS to India and receive..

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Indian Sim Card in USA

Airtel works dear friend, you can receive free messages from hometown and you can get calls but if you attend the call you need to spend 30 rupees per minute

Thanks,

Rajasekar, Sumner, WA

Mumbai (Bombay...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Indian Sim Card in USA

Why you want to keep your indian number on whatsapp status just put your USA number . Go for uniconnect 's unlimited plan www.uniconnect.in

8. Re: Indian Sim Card in USA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2016, 06:17