We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 day family trip from Houston - 8 months pregnant

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
3 day family trip from Houston - 8 months pregnant

We're trying to plan a budget friendly long weekend leaving from Houston with a 17 year old, 12 year old, dad and stepmom who is 8 months pregnant. Any suggestions? The "kids" are active but I'm not moving very fast or enjoying the really hot weather these days. Everyone loves the water, but we are trying to stay under $800 for the 3 day trip, so a beach resort is kindof out.

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,247 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 day family trip from Houston - 8 months pregnant

What about the Woodlands Resort http://www.woodlandsresort.com/

or, make it a 2 night stay at a Galveston hotel and then you could do Schlitterbahn and a day at the beach or something else

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 day family trip from Houston - 8 months pregnant

We were originally talking about Galveston, but we haven't found a decent hotel at a good price. Plus, I don't know if I'm up for a full day outside at the waterpark. I guess we could look a little further out and drive to the beach each day. I might be okay if I could sit in water.

Any hotel suggestions?

The Woodlands resort is about $250 a night, so I think that's out. We are also willing to drive a few hours, if there's something further out.

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,247 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 day family trip from Houston - 8 months pregnant

Check the SeaScape condos, they are on the western end, about 15 minutes from the main Galveston area. The condos are nice, directly on the beach and have a pool. That would allow you to go in and rest as needed.

As for Galveston hotels, try the Country Inn & Suites, Victorian Condo and Holiday Inn Sunspree (check reviews).

Great pizza place...Papa's Gourmet Pizza, great taste and prices!! Seawall, just east of 45th, next to Ben & Jerry's.

The Pleasure Pier amusement park, for the kids and hubby is a good price also.

I had looked at some places near Bastrop, like the Hyatt Lost Pines, but they were out of your price range. Everything else was further like S.A., Austin, Rockport, Corpus, etc.

Edited: 05 June 2013, 02:54
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 day family trip from Houston - 8 months pregnant

Thanks for the ideas! I'll check it all out today

Vidor, Texas
Level Contributor
466 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 day family trip from Houston - 8 months pregnant

Also check out Bolivar Peninsula/Crystal beach area for beach house rentals. Is $800 for lodging only or everything? Try swedesrealestate.com or cobbrealestate.com.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 day family trip from Houston - 8 months pregnant

We are not afraid of a 3-4 hour drive... San Antonio and Austin areas are definitely okay

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 day family trip from Houston - 8 months pregnant

We are not afraid of a 3-4 hour drive... San Antonio and Austin areas are definitely okay

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
7,008 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 day family trip from Houston - 8 months pregnant

You're not very clear about the number of people in your party.

Is it four? Will a one BR with two queen beds work?

Or a Queen and a pull out sofa bed?

And the $800 budget is for accommodations only or for the whole trip, including gas and meals?

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 day family trip from Houston - 8 months pregnant

Hi,

There are 4 in our party. Unfortunately, we do need 3 beds, but one can be a roll away or pull out sofa. I'd love for the $800 to be for everything and we're willing to do sandwiches for lunch, etc. We'll even cook one of our dinners if there's a kitchen or grill ..

10. Re: 3 day family trip from Houston - 8 months pregnant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2014, 06:17