We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 weeks texas with two children (age 4 and 2)

Bruges, Belgium
2 posts
Save Topic
3 weeks texas with two children (age 4 and 2)

Dear,

I wlll travel for 3 weeks through Texas (starting from Houston en we will rent a car) with my wife and two kids.

i read already some information.

Can someone advise what are the must seen (with children) in those weeks.

thanks

Vidor, Texas
Level Contributor
467 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 weeks texas with two children (age 4 and 2)

Scroll through some of the past topics already posted. NASA, Sea World, Fiesta Texas, South Padre Island, museums everywhere, Schlitterbahn, San Antonio, Riverwalk, State Parks, Fort Worth Stockyards. The list can go on and on. Check the Texas Trip Links topic at the top of the forum also.

Houston
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 weeks texas with two children (age 4 and 2)

While in Houston, don't miss the Children's Museum, the Cockrell Butterfly Center at the Houston Museum of Natural Science, and the Houston Zoo, all of which the children will thoroughly enjoy. I'm not sure your two-year old would really enjoy NASA, and even the four-year old might find it over his/her head.

While on the highway, if you see a Buc-ee's store, make sure you stop in--it's an American roadside institution not to be missed, and both you and the children will enjoy wandering around in one of their stores.

GSDrulez has given you some good suggestions in the previous response. Remember that Texas is a very large state, and driving times between certain cities can be quite long, particularly if you're thinking about visiting the Big Bend area of west Texas (there's really not much there for the children, anyway).

By the way, we visited your city last summer on a Baltic cruise, and found Bruges to be our favorite stop on the cruise. It is a truly charming city, and we cannot wait to return. Welcome to Texas!

Edited: 25 June 2013, 15:49
Bruges, Belgium
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 weeks texas with two children (age 4 and 2)

thx for the answers.

If you are in Bruges, feel free to contact me. I will glad to give you a tour.

steve

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,418 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 weeks texas with two children (age 4 and 2)

In San Antonio my suggestions are:

The Riverwalk boat ride, Children's Museum, the Zoo, Sea World

Natural Bridge Caverns are great, and there's also a drive through zoo.

I would also visit Guadalupe State Park. You have a lot of options there. Picnic are with grills right by the water, great for hot dogs or hamburgers. Shallow water to play in, and water deep enough (about 3 feet) to tube. Walk up river a couple of hundred yards from the picnic area and then float down a couple hundreds get out and repeat. You can stay through the evening until it gets too cool.

Check out Our Kids Magazine It's a free publication or check them out at http://www.ourkidssanantonio.com

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
15,422 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 weeks texas with two children (age 4 and 2)

some sources

http://texashighways.com/ articles/events by region

traveltex.com pdf format for tourism guide from state of TX

If you can indicate what dates you will be in Texas we can search for events

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 weeks texas with two children (age 4 and 2)

Welcome to the forum. Here are a couple of links to lists of things to do and see around the state. When will you be touring Texas?

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i21630-Texas_Tr…

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i18352-Far_West…

Check the links under Things to Do on the upper right side if the page which have information and links to helpful sites about Texas.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,844 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 weeks texas with two children (age 4 and 2)

If you are here in September/October, check out the state fair in Dallas.

www.bigtex.com

8. Re: 3 weeks texas with two children (age 4 and 2)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 05:18