We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping at Big Bend

Virginia, USA
Level Contributor
154 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Camping at Big Bend

I posted this in the Big Bend Forum. But it doesn't look like it is a very active forum, so thought I'd try it here!! Thanks.

We will be at Big Bend for 3 days the first week of November. I realize the size and distances involved and want to maximize our experience and minimize our driving. I'm wondering if it is a good idea to move from campground to campground each night (we have a self contained truck camper, so setting up and taking down isn't an issue). If you experts think that is a good idea....do you have suggestions for the best way to do that? Where to start and end, that is. We will be coming from San Antonio and heading to Davis Mountain after.

I'm also curious about the dispersed campsites. I'm a little concerned about the light pollution at the established campgrounds and one of the reasons for going to Big Bend is to see the stars. Does any one have a favorite of those campsite? Thanks.

1. Re: Camping at Big Bend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2014, 05:18