We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseback riding recommendations Fort Worth/Austin

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Horseback riding recommendations Fort Worth/Austin

Hi all,

Just planning the details of our Texas trip next March. My boyfriend and myself would like to try Horseback riding while we are there, we are pure beginners!!

We will be spending time in Fort Worth as well as Austin (we will also be in San Antonio and Houston but tight on available time to go horseback riding there)

Is there a particular place that any of you experts could recommend for us to go near either Austin or Fort Worth? I have googled extensively of course, but there is a lot of places to consider and not a whole lot of reviews on them. Looking for maybe a two hour experience with nice scenery.

Thanks everyone.

Elaine.

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horseback riding recommendations Fort Worth/Austin

Curious name, but don't let it deter you from considering Widowmaker Trail Rides in Southlake along Grapevine lake's shoreline (10 min west of DFW International Airport). Excellent reviews as well as website with full information including videos. Enjoy!! tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g56693-d20…

(Even if it's a warm day, be sure to wear jeans - those saddles can chafe the skin)

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horseback riding recommendations Fort Worth/Austin

Thanks very much, Widowmaker was one of the options I was looking at...

It's hard to pick one over the other, they all look great.

3. Re: Horseback riding recommendations Fort Worth/Austin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2014, 05:16