We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to take my mon on her 80th birthday

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
where to take my mon on her 80th birthday

my mom and sisters live in Houston, TX

I live in Tampa Florida

We want to take my mom on a trip for her 80th birthday.

Maybe for 3 to 4 days

Budget - around 1,200 to 1,500 each (there are 3 of us taking my mom)

Any suggestions. My mom likes to shop, watch people, lounge around - she walks very slow - no long distances.

We took her to New Orleans for her 70th birthday and she loved it.

Where???????

Thanks

McGregor, TX
Level Contributor
645 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to take my mon on her 80th birthday

Depending on your mom... but if she liked New Orleans... I've heard a lot of people whose moms/aunts etc. really had a blast in Las Vegas. Tons of shopping, TONS of people watching, maybe too much walking, but lots of shows and great food.

There's a new resort that opened up called Red Rock Las Vegas. It's off the strip, but oh so nice and they have shuttles etc. which take you to the strip. www.redrocklasvegas.com (I think).

Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to take my mon on her 80th birthday

You may want to look at San Antonio http://www.sanantoniocvb.com/ , as it has a lot to offer. To begin with, theirs the RiverWalk (don't worry, it has water taxis that will let you see it all without a lot of walking), that has such attractions such as the fully restored 1926 movie "palace". Shopping and Dining on site.

Of course, there's also the Alamo, the museums, an arts and crafts community, a Mexican market, the Mission Concepción - a 200 yr old church that is GORGEOUS (actually there are 3 or 4 more churches there also), botanical garden, wax museum, and a lot more!!

There always seems to be festivals of some kind going on in the area, and the same goes for concerts of all kinds. If I remember right, there is also an Independent Film festival in September or October.

While a lot of the attractions would require some walking, there are just as many that would require minimal, if any walking.

After New Orleans though, I don't know if this would excite her enough!!!

3. Re: where to take my mon on her 80th birthday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 17:17