We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kid Friendly Resort within 2 Hours of DFW

Dallas
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Topic
Kid Friendly Resort within 2 Hours of DFW

My husband and I would love to get out of town for a weekend, but we have 2 toddlers, and that can be a challenge. Does anyone know of a nice kid friendly resort for a family with a 3 year old and a 1 year old within 2 hours of DFW?

We went to the Hilton Resort in San Antonio a couple years ago, and loved it, but I'd prefer to avoid driving more than 2 hours if possible.

I'm considering the Hilton Rockwall, but there doesn't seem to be much to do there, and would love other suggestions.

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,153 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kid Friendly Resort within 2 Hours of DFW

The Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine would be perfect. You can load up on snacks/groceries to save some money on dining. There is nightly storytelling, indoor/outdoor waterpark, arcade, etc. They even let you stay late on check out day.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4,345 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kid Friendly Resort within 2 Hours of DFW

Second the suggestion for the Great Wolf Lodge. Nice and close to DFW, lots to do, and if you want to leave the resort, lots of restaurants etc in Grapevine.

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kid Friendly Resort within 2 Hours of DFW

Agree as to above. I stayed at the hilton Rockwall and there will be nothing for your kids to do this time of year.

4. Re: Kid Friendly Resort within 2 Hours of DFW

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 07:22