We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation for one

San Marcos, Texas
2 posts
Save Topic
Vacation for one

My birthday is at the end of April and I am wanting to go on a nice quite vacations with just me any ideas?

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
16,058 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation for one

how far do you wanna go? camping in a state park? full hotel amenities?

Iˇve done the gourmet river ride on the Rio Grande for one of my birthdays

youˇll need to give us some more info to work with

San Marcos, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation for one

I Am wanting to stay in texas I live in Austin so no longer than a 6 hour drive really. It will be for 3 days, I want to take my dog and hopefully get some hiking in. Scenery away from technology sounds great.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation for one

A trip to Big Bend National Park would be great for scenery, hiking, and unplugging, but you can't hike with your dog on any of trails inside the park. nps.gov/bibe/…CP_JUMP_151370

McGregor, TX
Level Contributor
653 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation for one

Possum Kingdom Lake, maybe?

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vacation for one

Just SW of Fort Worth, visit Dinosaur Valley State Park in Glen Rose for hiking, birding and other activity at immediately surrounding sites/parks. Pets are allowed under certain conditions. Call the park (254-897-4588) for specific allowances and restrictions. …state.tx.us/state-parks/…nature

6. Re: Vacation for one

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 March 2014, 19:35
7. Re: Vacation for one

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2015, 05:18