We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Highway 167 from Huntsville to I-84 - What's It Like?

Level Contributor
1,442 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Highway 167 from Huntsville to I-84 - What's It Like?

I'd like to drive on Highway 167 from Huntsville to I-84. The road shows up on some maps, but not on others, making me wonder if it's a dirt road. What is it like? Is it safe?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,916 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Highway 167 from Huntsville to I-84 - What's It Like?

It hasn't been a dirt road since way before the '02 olympics. It is called the Trappers Loop drive and we use it all the time. Before the olympics it was the way into Snowbasin. It is wide, not usually very crowded and better I think than rt 39 which goes through Ogden canyon. No drop offs but some steep grades.

2. Re: Highway 167 from Huntsville to I-84 - What's It Like?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 15:17