We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just thought of 1 more ? Where can we pick up a Utah State

New Boston, New...
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Just thought of 1 more ? Where can we pick up a Utah State

Park Pass?

I meant to order one online for the $80 but the time has now slip away.

Any thoughts?

I know some people think they aren't worth it but I figure then we can just proceed in and it goes to a good cause.

Thanks as always,

Laura

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,599 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just thought of 1 more ? Where can we pick up a Utah State

The $80 pass is a national park pass, and you can supposedly get it at the gate of your first park.

There is a state park pass that's about $50, but it's only good at STATE parks, like Dead Horse Point or Goblin Valley, not Arches or Bryce or Zion. I added up the entrance costs for those parks, and the pass really isn't worth it. I'm sure if you still want it, you can buy that at the first state park you visit.

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just thought of 1 more ? Where can we pick up a Utah State

yes just buy it at the first staffed national park or BLM area you get to for entrance to that park and all others for a year. Here's the link to show what it covers. http://store.usgs.gov/pass/annual.html

New Boston, New...
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just thought of 1 more ? Where can we pick up a Utah State

Thanks guys but I'm not talking about the National Park Pass - I'm talking about an annual Utah State Park Pass - there are plenty of those to hit along the way also.

My DH has a National Access Pass for the National Parks as he is an burn/amputee victim.

Anyone know where to get the state park passes?

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just thought of 1 more ? Where can we pick up a Utah State

here's a FAQ page that says you can get it at any state park http://stateparks.utah.gov/about/faq.html#q02

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,599 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just thought of 1 more ? Where can we pick up a Utah State

Well, that just shows that you can't trust the guide books. I had read somewhere that the state pass was $50, but the website says $75. Or maybe I am thinking of the National parks regional passes.

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just thought of 1 more ? Where can we pick up a Utah State

With guidebooks having a long prepublication deadline and the states raising fees to get revenue, it's not surprising your book is out of date on that, so don't feel bad about it. Another reason why the internet is so useful.

New Boston, New...
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just thought of 1 more ? Where can we pick up a Utah State

Thank you catch you all on the flip side of our trip of a lifetime.

Thanks again for all our assistance.

L

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just thought of 1 more ? Where can we pick up a Utah State

How many SP's do you want to visit Laura? Entrance fee's often are just a couple of dollars. Last year we were lucky because there was a 50years celebration and we could enter Goblin Valley for free. Just lucky, we didnot know.

Santa Ana, CA
Level Contributor
3,282 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just thought of 1 more ? Where can we pick up a Utah State

There is a petrified forest park just outside the town of Escalante. I believe it's a state park. I enjoyed my two hour hike there.

10. Re: Just thought of 1 more ? Where can we pick up a Utah State

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 17:16