I'm spending a week visiting some national parks in Northern Arizona and Southern Utah, driving a big circle from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon to Moab (Arches and Canyonlands Parks) to Cedar City and back to Las Vegas.
I've searched this forum, a number of other forums, and have spent several hours googling in search of good - or at least interesting - places to eat. I have a good feel for what's available at the Grand Canyon and in Moab. The rest of the time...well, not so much.
Here's what I've gleaned:
(1) From Vegas to Grand Canyon. There are several places in a town called Seligman, just off the main route. I'll probably go to Snow Cap Drive Inn, although Westside Lilo's Cafe is a backup. They both sound quirky.
(2) From Grand Canyon to Moab. In the town of Kayenta there's a place called Amigo Cafe. Perhaps a Navajo taco or Navajo hamburger will be in order.
(3) Moab to Cedar City. In a town called Richfield, there's the Ideal Dairy. It's been around forever, and sounds like it hasn't changed much since it opened.
(4) Cedar City. Yeah, there are some restaurants in town, but nothing that grabs my attention. I'm focusing on the Top Spot Drive Inn for a green chile cheeseburger, or GranDee's Old Fashioned Ice Cream & Bake Shop for...well...ice cream!
(5) Cedar City to Las Vegas. In St. George, the Bear Paw Coffee Company is something of an institution. I wasn't all that impressed on my only visit, but it wasn't bad, and it breaks up the drive.
Any comments on any of these places, or suggestions for others?