We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Super 8

UK
5 posts
Save Topic
Super 8

Hi everyone,

We're currently planning our first trip to the USA in 2010 and were thinking of staying with the Super 8 Chain of motel / hotel. We'll be visiting several states including Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, South Dakota and Colarado.

Any feedback, both good and bad, would be appreciated along with any other useful tips... (things to avoid etc).

Many thanks

Torrey, Utah
Destination Expert
for Torrey, Capitol Reef National Park
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Super 8

Each Super 8 is individually franchised and they vary quite a bit. There's really no reason or advantage to staying with any particular chain unless you are getting some loyalty bonus (and Super 8 is one of a large number of chains in their customer loyalty program which I believe is Wyndham?)

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,558 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Super 8

You can read the reviews for the Super 8s in each town you are thinking of visiting. Some of them are very nice, some are dumps. Depends on who owns them, how old they are, and what other lodging options there are available. They are not usually my first choice. Rooms are small, amenities few, rates not that much of a savings unless as stated you are getting some kind of loyalty rewards.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,883 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Super 8

I have stayed in Super 8's at times simply because they were available when nothing else was. They are definitely at the bottom of my list. Try Day's Inns, Comfort Inns instead.

Santa Ana, CA
Level Contributor
3,233 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Super 8

If you could stay in one that was built in the last five years or so you would enjoy it a lot. Unfortunately, no one advertises the age of their property.

I think you should acquire paper fold-out maps of each state you're going to. They will help you plan your route in more detail plus give you the names of the towns and you can use Trip Advisor to find suitable motels.

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,558 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Super 8

You don't say when you are coming to the area, what types of activities you are interested in, the number of people in your group, ages, abilities, etc. With some information from you we can give more information to you. It is difficult to give tips when we know so little about you.

6. Re: Super 8

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2010, 06:18