We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route to Cedar Breaks....

northwest Georgia
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best route to Cedar Breaks....

I have looked at the map, but I am still uncertain.

Which would be the best route from Bryce to

Cedar Breaks, on our way to Zion?

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,505 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best route to Cedar Breaks....

The 143 from Panguitch is a nice route.Will take you past Panguitch Lake and end up near Brian Head.While you are up there,drive the short dirt road to Brian Head Peak(11307 ft).

The 14 is a more travelled road that is more of a direct route.

After Cedar Breaks,you can drive the 14 to I-15 south and drive thru the Kolob Canyons section of Zion on the way to Springdale.Or backtrack 14 to 89 and come in the east entrance to Zion via hwy 9.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,869 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best route to Cedar Breaks....

They are both fine. If you take 143 past Panguitch Lake then you visit Cedar Breaks kind of backwards. The Visitors Center is at the south end by hyw 14.

The problem with seeing Cedar Breaks and continuing on to I-15 and Kolob Canyon on the way to Zions is you miss the East Entrance to Zions...So if you don't want to go that route you can come in on 143 then back east on 14 to 89 and south to 9 to the east entrance.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best route to Cedar Breaks....

All are good roads. Maybe drive up 143 and return 14 in order to enter Zion by its east entrance.

Tet (Susan for some-lol-)

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,869 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best route to Cedar Breaks....

Just keep smiling Hans, we love you !

northwest Georgia
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best route to Cedar Breaks....

Thank you all for this information!

Especially "Susan"!

I will get out the ole atlas and follow these ideas

along. I would like to see Cedar Breaks but we don't want to miss the east entrance of Zion.

Thanks again...

6. Re: Best route to Cedar Breaks....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2010, 05:16