You really need to look at localized weather at that time. There's no reason to have any undue concern. Do check carefully, though, as there's a stretch of more than 100 miles on I-70 with no services. This is a beautiful stretch of highway.
There can be snow anywhere along that route. If there is a storm and you have to drive in it I think I might think twice about going. If the roads are snowy and icey then driving can be difficult. The less people out on the road to run into each other the better.
Usually if there is a storm it is unusual for it to last longer than a day. If you keep track of the weather and either drive before the storm hits or wait till it passes you'd be better off.
Otherwise the roads are plowed and are good roads.
-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-
This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.
To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html
We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.