We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One more day

Hendersonville, NC
Level Contributor
702 posts
Save Topic
One more day

Greetings from the sticky Southeast,

Just wanted to give a heads-up that I leave on my 6-week road trip bright and early tomorrow, and wanted to thank everyone on here for all their help in planning this trip. While shortchanging places in Oregon and northern California on the first half of the trip, I feel I've got a good plan for the second half - Utah. Just to recap:

Sunday, 9/23: Arrive Zion around lunch or so. Stay Springdale

Monday, 9/24: Zion

Tuesday, 9/25: Zion:

Wednesday, 9/26: Leave Zion, do Canyon Overlook Trail on the way out, and head to Grand Canyon North Rim, taking my time to get there, arriving late afternoon.

Thursday, 9/27: GCNR (staying at the lodge)

Friday, 9/28: GCNR (lodge)

Saturday, 9/29: Leave GCNR after sunrise and head to Bryce Canyon. Stay Ruby's Campground cabins

Sunday, 9/30: Bryce Canyon (Ruby's Campground cabins), but may head up Highway 12 for a few hour excursion so that Monday's drive isn't rushed as much.

Monday, 10/1: Drive to Torrey, stay Capitol Reef Inn.

Tuesday, 10/2: Torrey to Moab, stopping at Goblin Valley SP, Little Wild Horse Canyon and sunset at Dead Horse Point SP. Stay Lazy Lizard cabin in Moab.

Wednesday, 10/3: Arches. Stay Lazy Lizard.

Thursday, 10/4: Drive to Monument Valley. Do backcountry tour, stay Goulding's Campground cabins.

Friday, 10/5: Drive to meet up for Moon House Ruin hike. Stay Lazy Lizard back in Moab.

Saturday, 10/6: Moab/Arches. Stay Lazy Lizard.

Sunday, 10/7: Leave early for Boulder, CO.

Looking forward to seeing many of you in Moab. Cheers!

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,651 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One more day

Safe travels, mtnwriter. See you in Moab!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,176 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One more day

Join us for a cook out on Oct 3rd if you havent signed up already. We'll have plenty of food and beverages.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,902 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One more day

It will be great.

You should have plenty of time for hwy 12 in one day. If you run out of things at Bryce you could do Willis creek or Kodachrome basin or grosvenor arch.

See you on Moab.

South Jersey, USA
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,571 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One more day

Travel safe mtnw and looking forward to meeting!!

SJG

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
2,860 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One more day

Yee Haw!! Don't drink too much beer.

OK, I didn't really mean that.

6. Re: One more day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2013, 10:16