We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Covered Wagon Trip

De
Level Contributor
419 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Covered Wagon Trip

Will be in Utah for week to 10 days in June, 2013 and thought grandchildren 10 and 8 would enjoy

1) short covered wagon trips (1-2 days) but couldn't find any in internet - Anyone know of any

2) Did see occasional reference to a Sundown Ranch Covered wagon dinner but not sure it still exists as couldn't find a website- anyone know anything about it?

3) Also thought of sleeping in a Tipi but seems like you need own bedding/sleeping bag etc. which we will not have

Any info appreciated

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,591 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Covered Wagon Trip

Someone else may have more detail, but I know that there is teepee lodging adjacent to Ruby's Inn at Bryce Canyon and I thought they had covered wagon tours. You for sure wouldn't want to do it for more than a few hours, though. Try checking with Ruby's unless someone else has more detail here.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,681 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Covered Wagon Trip

Yes there are teepees at Rubys, but you need your own sleeping bags.The only other teepees I know of are old hotels in AZ and CA called the Wigwam, which are like concrete teepees.

As for covered wagons, don't know of any rides, but I know there are some conestoga wagons you can sleep in at the Bar10 ranch.The only thing about the Bar 10 is its 80 miles down a dirt road from St George or a short flight from Vegas to their airstrip, or arrive by raft. I am actually looking into this place as a stopover on a dirt bike trip in the spring.They also have regular lodge rooms there.

www.bar10.com

Edited: 21 September 2012, 06:04
3. Re: Covered Wagon Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2013, 10:15