We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Sunset in Southern Utah?

Fairfax, Virginia
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Sunset in Southern Utah?

I am taking a trip to Vegas to visit some friends and I am trying to do a day hike in Southern Utah. I've been looking all over the internet and it's almost overwhelming how many things there are to see. I wanted to get some opinions about best spots to take pictures of the sunset? I've mainly been looking around Zion National Park but am open to suggestions.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Sunset in Southern Utah?

A place I like to go is off a dirt road in the Kolob Terrace section of Zion. It where the sunset jeep tours go.You look back towards Zion across the grasslands.

The thing about sunsets. Its not about watching the sun drop. Its more looking the opposite direction to see the colors of the rocks change in the final light of day.Even sitting on a patio of a restaurant in Springdale you get the effect of the glowing walls of rock.

Here is the jeep tour.

www.zionjeeptours.com

Roosevelt, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Sunset in Southern Utah?

Great suggestion, Dez. I've put that link in my favorites, I was planning on getting to Kolob again this year. Kanarra Creek is still calling!! (:

I was going to suggest Snow Canyon for sunset shots; it really glows when the setting sun hits the canyon walls. www.stateparks.utah.gov/parks/snow-canyon

*Pixie*

3. Re: Best Sunset in Southern Utah?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2014, 06:16