We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in end of October

Troy, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in end of October

Hello,

I am planing 1 week trip to Utah in end of October. I saw couple of forum topics. Just want to know how's weather going to be in end of October.

I am planing to follow this itinerary - tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28965-i411-k43369…

Mentioned in this post
Utah
Utah
United States
Torrey, Utah
Destination Expert
for Torrey, Capitol Reef National Park
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in end of October

Nobody can answer your question exactly of course as it varies from year to year. In the 10 years I've lived here in Torrey winter usually starts with a bang in mid to late October, i.e. we get a strong cold storm. The exact timing is completely unpredictable and you will have to be flexible to accommodate the possibilities.

Mentioned in this post
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
4,945 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in end of October

It is difficult to predict with any certainty. I would think the desert climates will have very mild days and cool evenings. Snow is a possibility in higher elevations in October. If it were me, I would make the plans. Weather definitely wouldn't deter me at this time of year. October might be the best month to be in Southern Utah, IMO. Monitor the situation when you're here and make adjustments as needed.

Mentioned in this post
Utah
Utah
United States
Santa Ana, CA
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in end of October

My experience over the years is just like Killer Bob's. But like Shake801 says, you should still go. This area gets hit with rain in August and September just as well.

4. Re: Weather in end of October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 06:20