We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with 7 night itinerary

Whitehorse, Yukon
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Topic
Help with 7 night itinerary

I'll be arriving in Las Vegas on October 07 and have rented a car for a Utah road trip for 7 nights. It's mostly a sightseeing trip with short hikes and nights in moderately priced, basic accommodations. I'd appreciate any help regarding the trip plan, must-see sights and advice on lodgings.

Oct 08 Zion Park - Springdale?

Oct 09 North Rim Grand Canyon - lodging nearby?

Oct 10 Page (Antelope Canyon & Lake Powell)

Oct 11 Blanding area (by UT 95) - lodging?

Oct 12 Capital Reef (Torrey?) - lodging

Oct 13 Bryce Canyon

Oct 14 Las Vegas (or 1 additonal day on this road trip)

Oct 15 Las Vegas

Oct 16 Fly home early morning

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,997 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with 7 night itinerary

Busy.

Springdale as something for everyone. Use the hotel links

Bryce is all about location. You want to be close for sunset and sunrise. Rubys Inn has several different hotels and price points in their complex.

There is nothing near the GCNP north rim. There is the one lodge AT the north rim. Book it right now if you can. Don't be surprised if its sold out. It will close on Oct 15th for the winter. If you can't stay there, skip it. The north rim is not a day trip from anywhere. It's OK with one night, but it really needs two.

At Page the most popular place is Days Inn.

Are you going to Monument Valley? For lodging north of there try Mexican Hat and Bluff before Blanding.

Austin's Chuckwagon is a favorite at Torrey. Try Best Western or Comfort Inn as a back up.

As I said, this is a busy, mostly drive by trip plan. You'll have less than a half day at any of your stops.

Edited: 30 August 2013, 22:42
Whitehorse, Yukon
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with 7 night itinerary

Good advice. I'm interested in driving UT-95 so Mexican Hat or Bluff would be fine. I'm also willing to omit North Rim to save a day...would it be better spent as a 2nd night at Zion or Bryce or elsewhere along the road? I'm interested in Antelope Canyon, Bryce and Zion as my top 3.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,997 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with 7 night itinerary

Give the extra night to Zion or Page

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,719 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with 7 night itinerary

Definitely good to drop something, either North Rim or the Blanding/Bluff extension, which is quite a ways off the path. Do you need two nights in Vegas? If you did a 2 nights Zion, 1 Bryce, 1 Page, 1 North Rim (or two Page and no North Rim) you would likely have a more memorable trip.

Have fun.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
4,161 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with 7 night itinerary

If all you are interested in Page is Antelope Canyon, then I would add the time to Zion. Bryce can be seen in a day.

Edited: 31 August 2013, 02:19
Grand Junction...
Destination Expert
for Bluff
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with 7 night itinerary

If you decide to stay in Blanding check out the Stone Lizard Lodge. http://www.stonelizardlodging.com/ Quirky on the outside, great rooms on the inside. Owner is a wealth of information on the area. Reasonable rates.

Edited: 01 September 2013, 15:54
Whitehorse, Yukon
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with 7 night itinerary

Thanks for all your comments. I'll be revising the trip plan today with 1 less day each in Vegas and Bryce.

8. Re: Help with 7 night itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2014, 06:38