We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Utah Itinerary

Clinton, CT
Level Contributor
28 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Utah Itinerary

Hi Everyone,

My mom and I are going to fly into Salt Lake next summer. We want to see Arches, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, Bryce & Zion (and things in between). We know it's going to be super hot, and my mom is not a huge hiker (she is more than up for a good walk, though!)...we would just love to experience some of the most scenic spots. We need your help to create an itinerary. We have anywhere from 5 to 7 nights to spend going from Salt Lake to Las Vegas (we are meeting my husband and dad there at the end of our trip). I know we don't nearly have enough time to see and experience everything, but we want to try and squeeze in what we can since we won't be back to this area anytime soon. Thanks in advance for all of your ideas, feedback and advice. We appreciate it! ALSO-any lodging recommendations are welcome :) Thanks!!

Kristin

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,642 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Utah Itinerary

Start here:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g28965-c177493/Utah:U…

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,710 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Utah Itinerary

Skip Moab. With only 5-7 nights you don't have enough time to do it all. And don't fret about the heat. It won't be an issue until you get to Las Vegas

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
4,317 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Utah Itinerary

Greetings and welcome out west,

Which month will you be coming? And 5 or 7 nights will obviously change the itinerary. I might have a couple of different suggestions based on the timing. The recommended minimum is about eight days to see all five parks. With five days, you would just be driving most of the time if you tried to see it all. It would be like trying to see Boston, NYC, Philly, and DC in less than a week. I suppose you could, but it would feel rushed and wouldn't be a good use of time.

Lots of great options for an itinerary. See what is most important to you and we can go from there. You could even include a mix of mountain areas like Park City or Sundance to visit spas and great restaurants, but it would ultimately take away from your time in the parks. So much to see but you have to chalk up losses somewhere.

4. Re: Utah Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2014, 06:40