We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Utah's National Parks to Reopen?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Topic
Utah's National Parks to Reopen?

I hope this really happens. I have reservations in just one week for Zion's and would be awesome if the state got all our national parks up again by what they say will be as early as Saturday.

sltrib.com/sltrib/world/56983191-68/parks-na…

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
3,847 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Utah's National Parks to Reopen?

Would be nice. We'll see if it happens.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Utah's National Parks to Reopen?

I was just getting ready to post and saw someone beat me to it. I got a news flash from the Yahoo Zion group I belong to that is pretty up on things and they said the same thing.

I sure hope so

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
3,847 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Utah's National Parks to Reopen?

Just saw this... parks could be open tomorrow...

www.ksl.com/…

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Utah's National Parks to Reopen?

I, for one, am relieved. I'm happy to go down and spend my money at some great businesses.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
66 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Utah's National Parks to Reopen?

We are leaving New Zealand tomorrow for our long awaited 3.5 week holidays Sth West USA National Parks of which approx. 2weeks is within Utah parks - I cannot tell you how totally thrilled I will be if this reopening happens. I am gutted at the thought of missing Zion, Bryce, Arches etc etc.. fingers ( and everything else) will be crossed hoping that this eventuates...we promise to spend lots to support the Utah economy!!

Sydney
Level Contributor
83 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Utah's National Parks to Reopen?

Anyone know if National park annual passes will be honored since it will be state's funding the opening? Also, anyone know who to contact to confirm when parks will actually open? Trying to make plans now so I can get in some much needed hiking!

Moab, Utah
Destination Expert
for Moab
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Utah's National Parks to Reopen?

The state parks were honoring the national park passes over the last few days so I would expect so. Also it is not so much funding as a loan, to allow the national parks to continue operating as normal, that will need to be repaid.

But I could just be guessing.

8. Re: Utah's National Parks to Reopen?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2014, 06:18