We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanks, Everyone

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4,947 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Thanks, Everyone

Just returned from our loop trip out of SLC, including Capitol Reef, Canyonlands, Arches, Dead Horse Point, Monument Valley, Mesa Verde, Moab, Park City and SLC. First of all I want to say thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum, dispensing local knowledge and travel tips to all of us who come to your fantastic state. What an embarrassment of riches Utah has, both natural and in its people :-)

Despite the shutdown (we arrived on Day 2 and left the day after the "soft" opening of the parks) and thanks to all the help here, we had a great trip. It wasn't what we first intended but, with all the suggestions and advice on the forum, we had a good Plan B in place and enjoyed ourselves tremendously.

I plan to do a TR sometime in the next few days detailing all of our adjustments and the fine time we had, once I catch up with things here at home a bit more. Having trouble putting away the guidebooks and maps--always a sign of a good trip for me.

Thanks again.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument
Monuments & Statues, Geologic Formations, National Parks
National Pony Express Monument
Monuments & Statues, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
4,998 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanks, Everyone

Glad things worked out with plan B and then things opened back up. I think many people cancelled their trips, so kudos for sticking with it and going on an adventure.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4,947 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanks, Everyone

Even though the parks opened before we flew home, we were already in Salt Lake City that day--our next to last. Too late to go back so that was a shame. We still found ways, though, to see lots and lots.

Mentioned in this post
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
63,664 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanks, Everyone

Looking forward to the TR

4. Re: Thanks, Everyone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2014, 06:19