We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

National park annual pass... should i get it?

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
249 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
National park annual pass... should i get it?

Hi,

i am visiting zion,bryce canyon, page and the grand canyon in May.

Is my best bet to buy an 80$ annual pass when i get to Zion? will this work for all those four parks i have mentioned?

thanks, Gemma

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,594 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: National park annual pass... should i get it?

Zion, Bryce, and Grand Canyon are $25 each to enter. Page is a town. Near the town of Page is Glen Canyon recreation area (basically Lake Powell). That is $15 to enter. So if you go to rainbow bridge or rent a boat or want to eat lunch at antelope point. You'll be at $90 total. Your call.

If you plan to see Antelope canyon in Page please note that is not covered by the pass as it is Navajo tribal park. Last I heard it was $6 for entrance. There is also a guide fee of $25 or more.

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: National park annual pass... should i get it?

Yes, buy the pass. Often more places valid for it. If you also go to Monument Valley the pass is not valid there but it's valid at the NMs around Flagstaff like Wupatki, Sunset Crater and Walnut.

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,622 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: National park annual pass... should i get it?

I would buy the pass with the list of places that you are visiting. It will save you a little money, but it is also less of a hassle to have the pass, IMO. Plus you might hit some other places in the area covered by the pass (Lee's Ferry, Wupatki and Sunset Crater are all in the area).

Edit - nice cross-posting with you, Tet ;-)

Edited: 18 January 2014, 15:50
Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
249 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: National park annual pass... should i get it?

in page we are staying at lake powell hotel. I know you have to pay to enter and get to that hotel, the annual pass will cover this right?

thanks Gemma

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: National park annual pass... should i get it?

Yes, the annual pass will cover you entering Glen Canyon NRA and that hotel (Lake Powell Resort) is right along the shoreline with a great pool. Not to confuse to lake Powell Motel in Page.

Great minds think alike OH....

Tet

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,192 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: National park annual pass... should i get it?

Blessing the advice of my two DE pals. Buy the pass. You'll get your value and possibly much more. It's good for a year.

Pennsylvania’s...
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: National park annual pass... should i get it?

You are on Vacation....go and enjoy it , that is what vacation is about ,IMO...

Edited: 18 January 2014, 22:50
Teesside, England
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: National park annual pass... should i get it?

Don't forget you might want to re-visit one of the NP's you are going to more that once! We have in the past returned to the park the next day. So yes the park pass is worthwhile, I'm certainly getting one for our September road trip.

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,369 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: National park annual pass... should i get it?

your pass is good for the year- i would get it- you have 3 reasons to do so in a week now,, and then you can go in and out without hassle as you are bordering on busy season and this speeds things up faster. Are any of you 62+ years old? You can get a pass for $10 for all of you with that person- must be present in the same car though. That's for american citizens- but if you are traveling with one, that would be handy!

the $25 allow you in and out for a week to the same park unless I am mistaken but they are good for only one park for that week and not transferable to other parks.

Personally, I'd get the year pass for the ease of entry alone for the extra $5 and with the hope that you can use it another place within the year

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: National park annual pass... should i get it?

If you don't buy the pass keep the entrance tickets to the several parks and if you are exceeding $ 80,-- buy the pass and present the tickets.