We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zion, Bryce, Moab Excursions?

Indiana
Level Contributor
50 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Zion, Bryce, Moab Excursions?

Looking for info/advice on booking excursions while in Zion, Bryce and Moab. Traveling with wife and two sons, ages 14 and 8. Any suggestions for must-do excursions while in each location. Looking for one thing to do other than hike in the parks at each stop. We will be there in late June, do we need to make reservations for any of the excursions or will we be able to book when we are there?

Thanks in advance!!!

Boston...
Level Contributor
270 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Zion, Bryce, Moab Excursions?

We're also going to be in Moab at the end of June (with our teen nephews), and we're planning on doing a sunset Hummer tour one of the days. I'm also considering one the half day white water rafting trips (there are also full day options).

I can't help as much with Zion and Bryce (we've been to both but mostly just hiked), but I've read posts here indicating that tubing on the Virgin river outside of Zion, and horseback riding in Bryce are popular activities.

Indiana
Level Contributor
50 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zion, Bryce, Moab Excursions?

M44M,

Thanks for the response. I actually have those activities on my planner as possibilities for each location. Since you have been to the areas before, do you think I should make reservations now?

Thanks again!

Boston...
Level Contributor
270 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Zion, Bryce, Moab Excursions?

TrvlnFam - Unfortunately, I really have no idea how far in advance reservations should be made for activities. I've been trying to decide myself when I should book the hummer tour. I'm planning on calling a couple of the tour companies this week just to get some more information in general - I'm hoping I'll be able to get a sense of when to book when I talk to them - if I get more info I'll report back. But if you know when you want to do the tours, it probably can't hurt to make the reservations in advance just to be on the safe side.

I do know that if you're interested in the Fiery Furnace tour in Arches, you need to make reservations as early as possible - I have already made those reservations for our June trip.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
4,968 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zion, Bryce, Moab Excursions?

In Moab there is a ton of things to do. Jeep Safaris, repelling excursions, mountain biking for all abilities, zip lines, and taking a float trip in inflatable kayaks down the Colorado River. You must be at least 12 to go through the whitewater sections, but a float trip would still be fun. Might even be able to do SUP. Here is a list. You can click on an activity and it will link you to a guide. The mountain biking section has the trails rated like ski runs; black diamond for experts all the way to green circles for beginners.

http://www.discovermoab.com/activities.htm

If you know the dates you'll be in town, I would go ahead and book activities. While there are a ton of operators, I don't like waiting only to find things are all booked up for the day I want to go.

I think Zion and Bryce will be a lot of ATV, horseback riding and possibly repelling type actives. Zion will have more than Bryce. I've used Zion Ponderosa in East Zion and liked them quite a bit. Springdale is a lot closer to Zion Canyon however, and they have several outfitters as well.

utah.com/guide/…

5. Re: Zion, Bryce, Moab Excursions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2015, 05:16