We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Southeastern Vermont

TEXAS
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Advice on Southeastern Vermont

Hello all travel people! :)

I will be driving up from CT and through Mass. and need advice on where to stay in Southeastern VT. I have looked at Brattleboro and this could be an option but was going to get some advice. It will be for one night before heading onto NH. Budget minded, nice place to sleep - shower but don't need anything fancy!

Thank you so much

NewEngland
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on Southeastern Vermont

I know you asked about Vermont, but since you are headed to NH anyway, why not just stay in Southwest NH? There are several chain motels and a good number of reasonable B and Bs where breakfast is always included. If you are coming up Rt 91 it would not be out of your way.

Southern VT
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on Southeastern Vermont

Check out the hotel listings and reviews on this site and you should be able to find something. If you are passing through Brattleboro on a Saturday, don't miss the fantastic farmer's market on Route 9 just west of town. It's also a great place for lunch if you are into ethnic food!

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on Southeastern Vermont

If you had wanted to get a feel for a real vermont small town then come of the I-91 at junction 6 follow the 103 to Chester (10 miles)

Quintisential Victorian Village (village green is straight ahead on route 11 when 103 forks right) Most people miss this - its such an undiscovered gem - not "touristy" but with everything a visitor to VT would want. There are many lodging options. Check out www.chesterlodging.com and then check out your choice on tripadvisor. If you do pick the Fullerton don't be put off by the bad review here - they really do an excellent job and it appears that this one off bad post was just 'sour grapes".

4. Re: Advice on Southeastern Vermont

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 16:17