We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

half way stop CT to Burlington

ct
Level Contributor
119 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
half way stop CT to Burlington

Looking for a place about half way from CT(South of Hartford) to Burlington for mid august. Relatives staying in Burlington- we only have 1 day to meet. No kids involved- something outdoors to do would be good or nice scenic lunch spot.

Thanks

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: half way stop CT to Burlington

You could consider Chester. only 10 miles from I-91 (junction 6 take 103) Pretty little Victorian town with nice shops and restaurants. Great base for hikes, swimming canoe/kayak and plenty of quality accommodation if you need to overnight. Alternativly Grafton with the cheese factory is a great spot for picnic lunch or Weston if you wanted to visit the Vermont Country store or had time to take in a show at the Playhouse (les Miserables in August)

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: half way stop CT to Burlington

I suggest Brattleboro. Have lunch at the Marina-its on Route 5 just north of town and then take a cruise on the Belle of Brattleboro.

Another idea would be to meet at Mount Ascutney State Park and have a picnic. You take drive up the toll road to the summit. Mt. Ascutney is located off I-91 near Windsor.

Corinth, Vermont
Level Contributor
63 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: half way stop CT to Burlington

I love the idea of scooting over to Grafton and/or Weston. Plenty to do, or not, and all of it scenic. I take out of state visitors to Weston quite frequently.

Actually you can't go wrong with a decent map and heading west off of I-91 almost anywhere and following your nose to the north and west toward Burlington.

Enjoy your ramble.

ct
Level Contributor
119 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: half way stop CT to Burlington

Thanks is the Marina restaurant on Spring tree rd or Putney Rd. I see info for both

ct
Level Contributor
119 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: half way stop CT to Burlington

sorry- got my own answer -was confused as 2 different addresses listed- thought 2 diff restaurants- saw local map -see they are the same area. Heading out this Thurs hoping for lunch and walk around town

ct
Level Contributor
119 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: half way stop CT to Burlington

Thanks for the help. The Marina Restuarant was very nice- really nice sitting outside.Great scenery. Lunch was very good and downtown Brattleboro quaint.

7. Re: half way stop CT to Burlington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 22:19